Hatch Learns: Data Protection & IP Essentials
31 January @ 12:00 pm - 13:00 pm
Join us to learn some top tips and things to consider about Data Protection and IP within your business.
What you’ll learn about IP:
- The UK’s intellectual property (IP) regime
- What IP is, including the different mediums IP can take and how to protect it
- How IP can be used in business, including through licencing and
- Best practices for IP usage, protection and value creation.
What you’ll learn about Data Protection:
- The UK’s Data Protection regime
- What personal data is, how to protect it and what obligations there are on businesses
- What controllers and processors are
- What documentation is needed to demonstrate compliance
- Best practices for utilising personal data in a compliant manner to add value to your business.
About the Speaker: Jonathan Stephenson
Jonathan Stephenson is an associate in Skadden’s European Intellectual Property and Technology, Cybersecurity, Privacy, AI and Sensitive Technologies team based in our London office. Jonathan advises a wide range of businesses and entrepreneurs on complex commercial, technology, intellectual property, data protection and cybersecurity matters, as well as in connection with corporate transactions.
About the Speaker: Liam Lambert
Liam Lambert is a trainee in Skadden’s European Intellectual Property and Technology, Cybersecurity, Privacy, AI and Sensitive Technologies team based in our London office. Liam advises businesses and entrepreneurs.